Swire Properties USA — the U.S. real estate arm of a Hong-Kong-listed, multinational corporation Swire Properties — recently announced the addition of new dining retail tenants at the company’s regional mall property in Miami.
The Shops at Brickell City Center (BCC) brings the total number of dining concepts on-site to 18 with the addition of six new food and beverage tenants to its current retail offerings:
- Nominated multiple times for the James Beard award, restaurateur Sam Fox’s The Henry has opened a location here on Level 1, where customers are welcome all day and can enjoy breakfast, lunch, dinner, and cocktails. The open dining space offers a particular mix of Miami charm and energy through a fusion of industrial and classical influences.
- BCC’s new contemporary, Latin-inspired diner is Café Americano, which offers an innovative mix of breakfast, lunch, and dinner dishes designed to please even the most refined palates in a bright and sophisticated setting.
- Kosher-style bistro Motek — a highly appreciated, Israeli-Mediterranean dining destination in South Florida — brings its genuine and fresh Mediterranean-inspired dishes to Brickell City Center. In doing so, it meets customers in a transportive Levant interior with an iconic bar, which introduces an all-new beverage program. Moreover, this Motek location is home to the brand’s first-ever in-house bakery, which will complement its Israeli-, Middle Eastern- and Eastern Mediterranean-inspired cuisine.
- Fast-casual coffee shop Starbucks also recently opened a location on Level 3 of the Brickell City Center, where visitors can enjoy their brew in a sophisticated and cozy ambiance that features a unique, carved wood façade.
- Coming this fall, Miu’s Tea will expand to Brickell with a new location at BCC, where the Miami bubble tea brand will serve its famed milk teas, iced tea lattes, matcha, and fruity beverages.
- In 2024, the Black Tap Craft Burgers & Beer chain will open its first Florida location at the BCC. Inspired by old-school New York City luncheonettes, Black Tap seeks to offer an “upscale, but not fussed-up” setting where diners can partake in the brand’s award-winning bites, indulgent milkshakes, and refreshing brews.
Miami Retail Business Thriving at Brickell Regional Mall
Swire Properties Senior Vice President, David Martin, explained in a prepared statement that the area had seen a retail appeal resurgence in the past year.
“Brickell City Center has welcomed more and more visitors each year, with an almost 10% increase in foot traffic year-to-date in 2023 over 2022,” Martin said. “Our strategy to diversify The Shops through retail, dining, and entertainment concepts for all has been immensely successful, and introducing these new restaurants will surely continue the momentum and our role as a vibrant hub in the heart of Brickell.”
Swire developed the retail center together with Whitman Family Development and Simon Property Group as part of a landmark mixed-use development. The first phase of the project, completed in 2016, delivered two residential towers (REACH and RISE); the first EAST hotel in the United States; two mid-rise office towers (Two Brickell City Centre and Three Brickell City Centre); as well as carefully planned public spaces.
Notably, The Shops at Brickell City Center is LEED Gold-certified and incorporates more than 600,000 square feet of Miami retail space, which is home to more than 120 stores — including Miami’s first Saks Fifth Avenue department store; a luxury, dine-in movie theatre operated by Mexico-based Cinemex; and many other amenities.
“Swire Properties has recognized that the pandemic-era popularity of outdoor dining continues,” Martin said. “Brickell City Centre is uniquely equipped to offer exactly that with outside retail space covered from rain by our Climate Ribbon, a sophisticated environmental management system. We’ve collaborated with award-winning restaurateurs to cultivate the indoor/outdoor experiences offered at The Henry, Café Americano, and Motek with their patio seating continuing to be the most popular at BCC. The neighborhood’s walkability gives Brickell the feel of a European or South American street scene, rather than a typical American downtown.”
“Brickell City Centre is completely aligned with our intention to serve as a neighborhood gathering place,” said Sam Fox, Founder of The Henry. “It was the obvious and ideal location to expand our brand to Florida, offering an unparalleled flow of discerning customers from The Shops at BCC.”
Looking to lease retail space in the best markets? Select any of the locations linked below or visit the 42Floors.com home page to start your search!